Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dixie Cowboy by Dolores Wilson



Author: Dolores Wilson


About the Book:

Katlyn Mays never defies her dad’s orders, but how can she bear to evict elderly Frank Davis from his beautiful Georgia ranch, not to mention evicting Tyler Davis, the incredibly sexy cowboy who’s fighting to save it for his Uncle Frank?

Her gaze snapped to the message board on the porch. Hiring: Someone to handle reservations, make deposits, pay bills, and manage housekeeping staff. The Dixie Rooster is a working dude ranch. 

“Hi, there,” Frank Davis said. “I take it you’re the reporter from the Cantor Gazette?”

Confused, Katy stammered for a second then found her voice. “No, sir. I’m Katlyn—”

“Tyler?” Mr. Davis looked at the tall cowboy standing next to his wheel chair. “Didn’t you tell me the reporter from the newspaper was here?”

“I’m Tyler Davis.” The cowboy shook her hand. “I’ll be managing the ranch until Uncle Frank gets back on his feet.”

He held her hand longer than necessary. Blood hummed through her veins. Captured by his gaze and lost in the crystal blue of his eyes, she felt their power to the bottom of her stomach.

“Well, Katy,” Tyler said, “what can we help you with?”

Panic forced a knot in her throat. Impulsively, she ripped the want ad from the message board and then shook it slightly in Tyler’s direction. “I want this job.”


My Review:


What a cute and fun book! Katy grows from a meek do-gooder, who's only goal is to keep her father happy, to a woman who won't settle for anything less than what she deserves. Tyler loves his family and doesn't want to see his Uncle Frank lose everything. 

If you are looking for a simple, entertaining, and fun read, this book is for you. I really enjoyed the banter between Uncle Frank, Katy, and Tyler and seeing the characters grow. 


My Rating:  4 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun one! I think I need to add this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, this one does sound good. I'll add it to my wish list when I'm in the mood for a happy little cowboy book (and seriously, that mood comes quite often...hehe!) smiles...

    ReplyDelete