Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Torn From You/With You by Nashoda Rose


Author: Nashoda Rose
Series: Tear Asunder

About Torn From You:

Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet. 

Then it all shattered.

Kidnapped. 
Starved. 
Beaten. 
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong.

(It is highly recommended to read "With You" the novella first).

*Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Over 18 years.


My thoughts:

First of all, this is a VERY dark romance. If you have have issues with reading about abuse against women, disturbing situations, and sexual abuse, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!

Normally, this is not the type of book I want to read. But, this author weaves a story so intriguing and heartbreaking that I could not put it down! I laughed, I cried, I yelled at the book....at some points I wanted to throw my Kindle across the room! It really is such a disturbing tale, but I loved it anyway. It caused me to feel so many emotions while reading and isn't that what a good book should do? While the story itself disturbed me, the book just sucked me in and kept my attention from beginning to end. I won't summarize the story because that would give too much away, but I wanted to hate Logan/Sculpt. I honestly did not want Emily with him after all that happened. But, this author made my heart break for him and I thought of him as much as a victim as Emily. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes damaged characters and a roller coaster story. 

***In order to fully understand this story, read the short story With You BEFORE reading Torn From You.

My Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment